The country western design style is very popular in the United States. It is based on the life of the American cowboy; the rancher and farmer, traveling cross-country with his herd. It is built around the natural surroundings of wood and stone and enhanced with the products of ranch and farming life, such as a cowboy hat and boots, western stars, and branding irons. By incorporating a few special pieces, you can create a stylish cowboy home decor space in your home. Here are 6 great ideas for creating your cowboy decor space:
- Wood paneling, ledges and moldings They are very prevalent in the cowboy home design. The cowboy style is defined by the cowboy’s life on the range. At that time, cowboys built log cabins on a ranch. So it is common to see exposed beams on the walls, ceilings, moldings and ledges.
- Natural stone or bricks During the western expansion and cowboy time periods, ranchers would use natural materials, such as river rock or natural stone for flooring, around fireplaces and in bathrooms. Incorporating these elements in your home further strengthens your cowboy home decor design.
- Wooden furniture Cowboy furniture frequently has exposed wood. Many times the fabric used on cushions display country scenery and may be durable and rough in texture to add to the country home decor feel. Antique wooden furniture works especially well in the country home decor style. The antique wooden style compliments the style and age of the country style. If you look carefully, you may be able to find a piece of antique furniture from the western expansion period of the United States.
- Cowhide prints and textures A cowhide rug or throw instantly adds a touch of the west to every room. Leather and suede are also common elements for a cowboy theme. Consider these textures when selecting furniture or accent pieces.
- Southwestern colors and patterns The southwestern colors of white and green with terracotta and other earth tones, support other pieces in your cowboy home decor theme. Add green to your floor; add stencils to the floor and walls according to the southwestern style. Rugs and wall hangings are also available in the cowboy style. Select one neutral color and choose accent pieces around that one color.
- Country accessories – Accessories such as horseshoes, barbed wire, branding irons, stars, cowboy hats, and horse or animal decor can rapidly create a country theme and finish the room. Look for accent pieces featuring these stylistic ingredients to create a relaxing room fit for any cowboy.
Also Read: Creating Shabby Chic Window Treatments
Look At This Before You Get Furniture
Every home requires that it have the right furniture for its decor. Homes need furniture because it serves a purpose and it gives a place a personality.Since you need furniture, do it properly.
Inspect every weld so you’re sure none are weak.
Look into the options at thrift stores for furniture.Perhaps it has been a long time since you have visited a thrift store, or it has been a while since you went to one. You may find furniture that is in good condition at these stores sometimes have great pieces of furniture. You can generally get small pieces, but you might see a sofa every once in a while.
Furniture that you choose should be neutral. Neutral pieces are easier to change and be changed up easier. You can have more options as the years progress.There are lots of neutral options that you can use in your home.
You can check out the Better Business Bureau and looking for reviews online. Make sure that you understand extra costs of the furnishings including the cost of shipping and tax.
Read the warranty before you buy it. You don’t want to end up being stuck with a defect or something that isn’t covered under warranty.
Think carefully about the people who are actually going to use the furniture most frequently. If you happen to live solo, your furniture will be lightly used, but if children are in the house, purchase sturdy pieces. Many pets shed frequently, and there are fabrics more prone to picking up hair than others.
You get better quality if you pay for when purchasing furniture. While your budget is important, you should always make sure you leave room in your budget to get quality items. You may find cheap furniture, but it could be made of cheap materials that break down easily. Spend a bit more and reap the benefits over time.
Figure out when it’s best time to go furniture shopping. Just as the best time to buy a new car is rumored to be in September, various industry events can determine the best times to buy furnishings as well. Learn these times so that you can attain the best deals.
These items can set you back a lot of style quickly.
Educate yourself about the different types of wood used in furniture making. You don’t want to pay for something that is nothing more than a veneer or particle board at the price of regular wood.
You cannot buy a new couch every time you want to change your decor, but every couple months, end tables and other small pieces might change the character of the room. This makes a fast way to spice up any room.
Now that you’ve finished finding information in this article, you are ready to buy your furniture with knowledge behind you. Now you are aware of all there is to look out for, and how to save the most amount of money. Use the tips when shopping, and your experience will be much better.