An electronic visual display, informally a screen, is a display device for presentation of images, text, or video transmitted electronically, without producing a permanent record. Electronic visual displays include television sets, computer monitors, and digital signage. There are many types of them, in the previous times; the CRT displays were more popular. But now, the the Thin-film Transistor – Liquid Crystal Display (TFT-LCD) displays have proved to be better and more popular. Almost all the Computer Monitors of today use the TFT-LCD type. Some even a further new technology, like the Plasma, or the Light Emitting Diode (LED) display.
Nowadays, there are specially marketed Monitors for the use of Gaming on Computers. Almost all the Professional, Hardcore Gamers swear by it. A gaming computer is a personal computer designed for playing computationally demanding video games as an alternative to a video game console. Gaming computers are very similar to conventional PCs, with the main difference being the addition of gaming-oriented components such as one or more high-end video cards. It is always beneficial to have a Gaming
Monitor if you are regularly into PC Gaming. It has many benefits over the conventional ones, as below:
- A Gaming Monitor has a higher refresh rate of its screen. 120 Hz being the minimum. It means a monitor capable of truly rendering 120 individual frames per second in a game rather than simply discarding additional frames above 60 frames per second, as per a conventional flat panel screen. The more the Refresh rate, the more better the gaming visual performance.
- A Gaming Monitor has a special G-sync feature, it’s a piece of hardware that makes games run more smoothly than ever before and it works really well. Less noticeable screen tearing without use of V-Sync. Each frame lasts for a shorter time on screen and therefore tears are less noticeable.
- Less motion blur during high speed scrolling. Shorter draw times during the scrolling action allows objects in sight to remain visually acute, instead of stretched and blurred.
- Quicker response time, in the range of 8ms also enhances the game performance on the screen.
- Usually the Gaming Monitors have a larger screen size and a larger screen resolution than the conventional ones. This too increases the visual experience of the Gamer very much.
- The Contrast ratio, the viewing angles, both are higher in a Gaming Monitor than the simple ones, leading to a more better visual gaming experience.
As such, it is highly advisable to buy a Gaming Monitor, if you are planning to play more high-end games regularly. Some of the models to consider are, 2017 newest Samsung 27inch, ViewSonic VX2452MH 24inch, and Asus VG248QE 24inch. Although these Gaming Monitors are a bit more expensive than the regular ones, still they are worth it, for the kind of Gaming experience you will getting. Generally they are in the range of $99 to $622, depending on the features, brand and quality we get.
This Gaming Monitor market is not the monopoly of any one manufacturer; all of them have better models. It is up to you, to finally decide the one for you. Since the monitors are a delicate piece of hardware, especially their screens, they need utmost care. One drop and they get useless for gaming. So the warranty of the monitor is also very important. Taking the advice of a Professional gamer can be very beneficial. This way you won’t regret buying the wrong Monitor for yourself.…