The shabby chic style has taken the world by storm. It’s romantic sensibilities and cottage setting create a light and airy vibe. Shabby chic window treatments bring a room together by spreading a specific color or pattern throughout the room. In this way, the window treatments provide a foundation for the room as accessories and furniture become linked to the tone established in the window treatments. Here are some pointers for creating a shabby chic window treatments:
- The shabby chic style is filled with translucent patterns, light colors, distressed furniture, and vintage furniture pieces. The style also allows natural light to fill the space. Keeping these two goals in mind, consider using sheer fabrics, faded patterns, and antique fabrics or fabrics that look aged.
- You can create several designs for shabby chic window treatments. The shabby chic style highlights architectural features in a room. Create a window box or ballast to create architectural interest in the room and to highlight the window.
- Create long curtains that puddle on the floor. Simply measure the height of the top of the window and purchase or make curtains that are longer than this height. This extends the wall and makes the window become a focal point.
- Enhance the lighting of your space by hanging your curtain rod at a lower height and hang it in front of the window. For example, have the upper half of the window exposed to allow in the natural light. Combined with natural and sheer fabric, the room will experience a tremendous amount of natural light in the room.
- Drape vintage fabrics from the curtain rods to create interest. Different types of fabric can be used to create a window treatment. For example, flags, scarves, lace or any other light and airy fabric can be used to create interest and focus in your space.
- Shutters are also an interesting idea to use with shabby chic window treatments. Paint and distress the shutters before attaching. Then attach your shutters with hinges to the inside of the window. Leave the top half of the window open to allow natural light to fill the room while still maintaining your privacy.
- Use unusual objects and materials to create a unique shabby chic window treatment. Dish towels, flour sacks, vintage lace and satin, can offer unique choices to create a space that is truly reflective of you. Precious items can be showcased through your window treatments and offer a unique look that you can enjoy for years to come.
Also Read: Hallway Carpet Runners
The Best Tips To Get The Furniture You Really Want
Purchasing furniture is something that most people will have to be difficult. You simply need the right information to know you’re saving yourself some money. This article will provide you with that; use the tips included wisely.
If you are buying wood furniture, or antique furniture, look beyond the outside of the piece. Inspect the undersides as well as the outside, including the drawers.You can get the item is in by looking carefully at these areas rather than just the outer surfaces.
Inspect each weld to make sure none are weak.
Think about color scheme of your home when you seek out new furniture.Bold colors can sometimes find you change your decor. Choose neutral colors for big pieces and bold shades in the little ones.
You should always test and inspect the furniture that you are thinking about buying. You may be intrigued by an online piece, but until you try it yourself, you may be disappointed in it when it arrives. You may not to your liking.It’s smart to buy after you know you feel about it.
Don’t neglect trying some haggling when purchasing furniture. Most furniture stores have a huge markup on their furniture up by as much as twenty percent if you negotiate. If you can’t haggle, then you should take someone along with you when you’re shopping so they can do it.
When buying items for a home office, buy pieces that are multipurpose. An example would be an armoire which to place your printer and also store excess printing supplies.
Make sure the furniture works before you buy it.Some stores might make it hard to do an exchange.
Becoming an expert on furniture is not easy. Using this advice as you go to the store. After that, you will easily be able to shop for furniture in an easier manner and while paying less. Success comes with the tips you’ve read here.…